hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <had...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:18:19 GMT
Thanks Nige.

On Dec 22, 2010, at 6:24 AM, Nigel Daley wrote:

> I think it's important we get more frequent releases back on track, so I'll volunteer
to do it.  Its been a while since I was the release manager so I'll need help.

> Looks like in Jira we currently have:
>  26 MR blockers: http://tinyurl.com/23s5vzg
>  17 HDFS blockers: http://tinyurl.com/27w82vl
>  6 HADOOP blockers: http://tinyurl.com/2bmycl2
> Now that we are past feature freeze (i.e. branch creation), not all of these are truly
blockers.  I'll start cleaning up the list and ping folks after the holidays.

> Cheers,
> Nige

and It's holding up everything else 0.22 is going to bring.

>>> I disagree that it isn't critical to Hadoop, but I'm not holding up 0.22. I'm
just not volunteering to spend my time working on it, if it doesn't have the features that
I think it needs.