hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plans for the 0.22 Release
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:15:38 GMT

On Dec 16, 2010, at 10:54 AM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> how are we going with the 0.22 release.

Progress has been blocked because HADOOP-6685 is still blocked. I feel
that HADOOP-6685 is critical for Hadoop and don't see much point in
working on a 0.22 release without it. In particular, HADOOP-6685
removes the need for third party serialization libraries that work
around the current limitations of the MapReduce framework, but
splinter the user community.

If someone else wants to take over as release manager for 0.22 while
we find a solution to make forward progress on HADOOP-6685, that would
be fine.

-- Owen