hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jonathan Creasy <jon.cre...@Announcemedia.com>
Subject Re: Configure Ganglia with Hadoop
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:41:43 GMT
If I remember correctly the default config uses multicast so you shoild configure them all
with the same
multicast ip. Some guides have you swap that out with UDP so if you did that then you should
have the ip you have in there. This is in the 'Listener' and 'Sender' part of the Ganglia
config.

There are additional parameters which go in the hdfs config which tell it to send data to
Ganglia which while not required will give you Hadoop specific metrics.

I would be happy to send more detail when I arrive at my office if no one else has answered.