hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Image as input to M-R in Hadoop
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:08:37 GMT

Hi,
The short answer is yes you can process images in Hadoop.
Think of the image as a multi-line byte stream.

As to an existing class, I don't believe that it exists, but shouldn't be too difficult to
cobble.
(If you can read in XML records for processing you should be able to read in a file containing
a series of images.)

Note: I'm assuming that you're either reading in a directory w multiple image files, or an
image file w multiple images. Otherwise you probably don't want to use Hadoop.