hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Hadoop Bylaws
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 06:23:51 GMT
Finally got some time to review this in detail.  I don't understand these 2:

1)
[snip]
>    * Approvals
>
>        These are the types of approvals that can be sought. Different actions
>        require different types of approvals
>
>        * Lazy Consensus - Lazy consensus requires 3 binding +1 votes
>           and no binding vetoes.
[snip]
>    * Actions
>
>        This section describes the various actions which are undertaken within
>        the project, the corresponding approval required for that action and
>        those who have binding votes over the action.
>
>         * Code Change
>
>            A change made to a codebase of the project and committed
>            by a committer. This includes source code, documentation, website
>            content, etc.
>
>            Lazy consensus of active committers.

Is the intention then that all code changes need an explicit +1 from 3 committers?  That's
what this bylaw says.

2)
>          * Modifying Bylaws
>
>            Modifying this document.
>
>            Majority of active PMC members

Was this intended to be lazy majority?  You stated that 'all votes are lazy' but this one
is not.

Cheers,
Nige