hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Evert Lammerts <Evert.Lamme...@sara.nl>
Subject interfaces to HDFS icw Kerberos
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 19:16:10 GMT
Hi list,

We're considering to provide our users with FTP and WebDAV interfaces (with
software provided here: http://www.hadoop.iponweb.net/). These both support
user accounts, so we'll be able to deal with authentication. We're
evaluating Cloudera's Hue, which we have coupled to our LDAP service for
authentication, as an interface to MapReduce.

These solutions are not the most beautiful in terms of authentication. We'd
much prefer to use Kerberos as provided by Y!. But if we do so, how will we
enable users to get data from the outside world onto HDFS? How do others
provide secure but easy interfaces to HDFS?

Kind regards,
Evert Lammerts