hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Segel, Mike" <mse...@navteq.com>
Subject RE: cleaning up 'hadoop.tmp.dir' ?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 13:46:55 GMT
Assuming you didn't change anything with the job history and you don't have jobs that run for
more than 24 hours...
You should be able to remove anything that hasn't been touched for the past 24 hours.

So you could create a cron job to remove the files.

HTH

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Wojciech Langiewicz [mailto:wlangiewicz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 6:39 AM
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: cleaning up 'hadoop.tmp.dir' ?

Hello,
I have a problem with my tmp dir. Right now it exceeded 4TB on every of
my 4 machines, so it has 16TB in total.

I'm running out of space on servers, so I would like to know if it is
safe to clean this directory completly, or if there is configuration
option that would do this for me.

Any help will be appreciated.

--
Wojciech Langiewicz