hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: The documentation for startup is out of date.
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:43:52 GMT
Hey Ren,

Assume you're referring to pages like
http://hadoop.apache.org/mapreduce/docs/current/mapred_tutorial.html

The current release is 21, so to update those docs checkout the
branch-0.21 branch from the common, mapreduce, and hdfs repository.
The docs live in src/docs (eg this page is
src/docs/src/documentation/content/xdocs/mapred_tutorial.xml in the
mapreduce repo).

First check if the change has already been made on trunk, if not make
it there and we can backport it to the branch-0.21 branches.  Please
file a jira (one for each project) for the docs bugs you find. No need
to put every individual bug in it's own jira.

Thanks for contributing!

Eli

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Ren Zuocheng <awakenrz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I'm new to hadoop and following the documentation for startup users to set up my first
WordCounter in hadoop. However, I find out that there are some flaws in the documentation
> An example is the hadoop-core-${HADOOP_VERSION}.jar has been renamed to hadoop-common-${HADOOP_VERSION}.jar.
There are much more minor errors like this, which may cause a novice to feel confused or misled.