hadoop-general mailing list archives

From David Gruzman <dgisr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hadoop application to pig?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:46:35 GMT
I am developing the similar application using vanilla map-reduce jobs. I
think that any specific processing
can be developed using MapReduce and probabbly will be more efficient.
Higher level services like Pig or Hive should be used if you need to issue
"ad hoc" queries to the data.
With best regards,
David