hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop on PlanetLab nodes
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:53:43 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Grandl Robert <rgrandl@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to set up Hadoop  on PlanetLab nodes.
>
> However, as far as I seen I need password less SSH login between master and slave nodes
in Hadoop.

This is "needed" for ease of setup, but you can as well start all
nodes manually yourselves without requiring SSH as a dependency. Just
for your information (won't be the right way out, perhaps).

For instance, you can ssh manually and issue "hadoop tasktracker" and
"hadoop datanode" commands in the nodes to start those daemons.

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com