hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Aravinth Bheemaraj <b.aravi...@gmail.com>
Subject Image as input to M-R in Hadoop
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:56:35 GMT
Hi,

I am a beginner to Hadoop and I am looking for some help in implementing the
Mapper with an image as input. Is there any predefined Writable class for
processing image? If so, how do I use it?

Also I have read somewhere that compressed formats cannot be processed in
Hadoop. If this is true, am I making any sense in saying that the JPEG
images (which are also compressed format) cannot be processed by Hadoop?
Please correct me if I have misunderstood this concept.

Thanks,
--
Aravinth