hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Shuja Rehman <shujamug...@gmail.com>
Subject Configure Ganglia with Hadoop
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:34:25 GMT
Hi
I have cluster of 4 machines and want to configure ganglia for monitoring
purpose. I have read the wiki and add the following lines to
hadoop-metrics.properties on each machine.

dfs.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
dfs.period=10
dfs.servers=10.10.10.2:8649

mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
mapred.period=10
mapred.servers=10.10.10.2:8649

jvm.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
jvm.period=10
jvm.servers=10.10.10.2:8649

rpc.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext
rpc.period=10
rpc.servers=10.10.10.2:8649

where 10.10.10.2 is the machine where i am running gmeated and web front
end. Will  I need to same ip in all machine as i do here or need to give
machine own ip in each file? and is there anything more to do to setup it
with hadoop?

--
Regards
Shuja-ur-Rehman Baig