hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Cornelio Iñigo <cornelio.ini...@gmail.com>
Subject hadoop application to pig?
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 20:52:22 GMT
Hi

My name is Cornelio Iñigo and I´m a developer just beginning with this of
hadoop and pig.
I have a doubt about developing an application on pig, I already have my
program on hadoop, this program gets just a column from a dataset (csv file)
and process this data with some functions (like language analisis, analysis
of the content)
 note that in the process of the file I dont use FILTERS COUNTS or any built
in function of Pig, I think that all the fucntions have to be User Defined
Functions

 so Is a good idea (has sense ) to develop this program in Pig?

Thanks in advice

--
*Cornelio*