hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Aravinth Bheemaraj <b.aravi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Image as input to M-R in Hadoop
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:13:38 GMT
Michael, thanks a lot for your reply.

I got to compare the images based on pixels. So is it possible to process
the image based on Pixel values rather than XML records?

I have read somewhere that the class "InputFormat" can be customized to
handle images by extending "InputSplit" and "RecordReader". But I am unsure
of the methods which are to be overridden so that I can access pixels of the
image. Is there anyway you can help me with this?

Regarding the note, I am reading in a directory with multiple image files.

--
Aravinth Bheemaraj
University of Florida