hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ren Zuocheng <awake...@gmail.com>
Subject The documentation for startup is out of date.
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:41:21 GMT
Dear all,
(I've sent this email, but I forgot to subscribe to the maillist and did not receive any reply...
So I resent the message. Sorry about this.)
I'm new to hadoop and following the documentation for startup users to set up my first WordCounter
in hadoop. However, I find out that there are some flaws in the documentation
An example is the hadoop-core-${HADOOP_VERSION}.jar has been renamed to hadoop-common-${HADOOP_VERSION}.jar.
There are much more minor errors like this, which may cause a novice to feel confused or misled.
And I really want to write an update for that. Can I? If I can, how can I do that?