hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jakob Homan <jho...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Patch testing
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:11:21 GMT
 > It's also ready to run on MapReduce and HDFS but we won't turn it on
until these projects build and test cleanly.  Looks like both these
projects currently have test failures.

Assuming the projects are compiling and building, is there a reason to
not turn it on despite the test failures? Hudson is invaluable to
developers who then don't have to run the tests and test-patch
themselves.  We didn't turn Hudson off when it was working previously
and there were known failures.  I think one of the reasons we have more
failing tests now is the higher cost of doing Hudson's work (not a great
excuse I know).  This is particularly true now because several of the
failing tests involve tests timing out, making the whole testing regime
even longer.

-Jakob