hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Grandl Robert <rgra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hadoop - stop-dfs.sh, stop-mapred.sh does not stop all instances
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:41:52 GMT
Hi all,

Probably is a stupid question but I don't figure out what happens.

For example I start on master, start-dfs.sh, start-mapred.sh

However, when I want to stop: stop-mapred, stop-dfs, only one slave instance is killed.

For example in on the master I am doing something like that:

rgrandl@ikq01:~/hadoop/hadoop-0.21.0$ bin/stop-mapred.sh
stopping jobtracker
ikq02.rrr: no tasktracker to stop
ikq03.rrr: stopping tasktracker

But I have a tasktracker on ikq02 as well which is not stopped anyway.
rgrandl@ikq02:~$ jps
2462 Jps
2211 TaskTracker
2109 DataNode

Same thing for stop-dfs.sh

Always the tasktracker, datanode instances are killed only on one slave node, even if I have
maybe 20 slaves or more.

Thanks for any clue,
Robert