hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch testing
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 07:24:38 GMT
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:46PM, Nigel Daley wrote:
> Just to follow up, the pre-commit patch testing is functioning again on
> Zookeeper and Hadoop Common.  It's also ready to run on MapReduce and HDFS
> but we won't turn it on until these projects build and test cleanly.  Looks
> like both these projects currently have test failures.  Are there Jira's to
> fix these tests?

In HDFS some of the tests are covered by JIRAs for sure. I haven't checked MR
lately but it should be the same there.

> New instructions for re-trigger testing of a patch are at https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/PreCommit-Admin/
>
> Cheers,
> Nige
>
> On Oct 20, 2010, at 1:30 PM, Nigel Daley wrote:
>
> > Thanks Giri.
> >
> >> Longterm solution:
> >> email patch process and queue creation is un-reliable. As a long term solution
we need to use jira-cli command line tool to read patch directly from jira.

> > Ya, that's what I've got mostly working on my machine.  Any open Jira's for this
work?  If not, I'll open one.

> >> And doing this would require introducing a new workflow in jira. Apart from
the current status called "patch-available"

> > Not sure that's necessary.  I think if we change the patch testing model a little,
we can keep the current workflow.  Also, given some recent advances in Hudson, I think we
can reduce all the patch jobs down to 1 admin job covering *all* projects and 1 job per project
-- and we should be able to drastically improve utilization of the slaves we have.  Let's
move this discussion to a ticket.  LMK if I need to open one.

> > Cheers,
> > Nige
> >
> > On Oct 20, 2010, at 1:17 PM, Giridharan Kesavan wrote:
> >

> >> Old times:
> >> The hudson patch-testing admin job used to run on the master machine hudson.zones.apache.org
as this machine used to parse the emails from jira and create the patch queue for testing.

> >> Current situation:
> >> hudson.zones.apache.org machine is no more a master and we have a new machine
called aegis.apache.org as the master machine.

> >> This machine is configured to process the email and create the patch queue.
 <done>
> >> Though we are able to get the email and create the patch queue on the new aegis.apache.org
machine, still we wont be able to trigger patch admin job on the hudson master as this is
not allowed in the new setup.

> >> Infra team doesn't want us to run any builds on the hudson master. Instead they
want all the builds to run on the slave machine.

> >> I got the password-less access for hudson user from hudson slave h1.grid.sp2.yahoo.net
to aegis.apache.org like 2 weeks back. <done>

> >> The plan here is to read the patch queue on aegis from h1 and schedule builds.
  <I'm working on getting this to work>