hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Grandl Robert <rgra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hadoop - how exactly is a slot defined
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:32:12 GMT
Hi all,

I have troubles in understanding what exactly a slot is. Always we are talking about tasks
assigned to slots, but I did not found anywhere what exactly a slot is. I assume it represent
some allocation of RAM memory as well as with some computation power.

However, can somebody explain me what exactly a slot means (in terms of resources allocated
for a slot) and how this mapping(between slot and physical resources) is done in Hadoop ?
Or give me some hints about the files in the Hadoop  where it may should be ?

Thanks a lot,
Robert