hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jonathan Creasy <jon.cre...@Announcemedia.com>
Subject Re: Setting up a three node cluster
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:31:22 GMT
On Nov 24, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Peter Haidinyak wrote:

> Hi,
>   I just inherited three Linux boxes and I need to setup a three node cluster. I've
been Googling around looking for a 'Best Practice' on setting up a three node cluster without
success. Could one of y'all have suggestions (with configuration file setting) on how to do
this?

> Thanks
>
> -Pete

You should be able to follow the directions here:

https://wiki.cloudera.com/display/DOC/Hadoop+Deployment+%28CDH3%29+on+a+Cluster

I would setup one node as a namenode/jobtracker/secondarynamenode and the other two as tasktracker/datanodes.

Obviously as the number of nodes approached about five, I would split the first box to namenode
and jobtracker+snn.

-Jonathan