hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Mark Laffoon" <mlaff...@semanticresearch.com>
Subject web-based file transfer
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:25:47 GMT
We want to enable our web-based client (i.e. browser client, java applet,
whatever?) to transfer files into a system backed by hdfs. The obvious
simple solution is to do http file uploads, then copy the file to hdfs. I
was wondering if there is a way to do it with an hdfs-enabled applet where
the server gives the client the necessary hadoop configuration
information, and the client applet pushes the data directly into hdfs.

Has anybody done this or something similar? Can you give me a starting
point (I'm about to go wander through the hadoop CLI code to get ideas).