hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Marcos Pinto <marcos...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible write directly to datanode's?
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:06:54 GMT
Hi guys, I gotta a question and I really would appreciate some help,
suggestion, or advices.
Is it possible write directly to the datanode's and eliminate the bottleneck
to write into HDFS?
for example: I gotta 40 writers and I writes th data direct to namenode, i
was wondering if it would become a bottleneck so I would like to know
if it is possible to write the data direct to the datanode's.
I've read that Hadoop doesnt support multiple writes so how can we deal with
big cluster? I mean I am really going to have this bottleneck???

Thanks in advanced.