hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Architecture
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:36:47 GMT
> Not to sound argumentative but because perhaps I have misunderstood, Hbase doesn't seem
well suited to realtime requests at all. Perhaps you could elaborate on the architecture you
would use to support this application?

Quite the opposite. HBase is all about realtime requests. It's
optimized for it. Here's the description from the homepage:
"HBase is the Hadoop database. Use it when you need random, realtime
read/write access to your Big Data. This project's goal is the hosting
of very large tables -- billions of rows X millions of columns -- atop
clusters of commodity hardware.

Cheers,
Lars