hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: bringing the codebases back in line
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:03:48 GMT
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2010, at 6:33 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:
>> I think we should push forward to 0.22 as well.
>> The question then becomes what should be in it.
> I've had better luck with time-based releases rather than feature-based
> releases for open source projects. The current plan of record is to make cut
> a branch next month, stabilize it, and release it.
> -- Owen

Great.  At the contributor's meetup it sounded like the plan of record
was to hold 22 for HDFS-1052.  Speaking of which does someone have
notes to post to the list/wiki?

It would be great to see the project move to periodic time-based
releases.  In previous discussion it seemed like feature-based
releases were favored:

View raw message