hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: bringing the codebases back in line
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 21:54:25 GMT
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 21, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:
>
>> I wanted to start a conversation about how we could merge the the cloudera
>> +
>> yahoo distribtutions of hadoop into our codebase,
>> and what would be required.
>
> All of the patches that are the "yahoo distribution of hadoop" have been in
> Apache's trunk for months.

It's worth double checking.  When we added the YDH patch set to CDH3
we ran a script to see which patches were in YDH but not yet in trunk
and it turned up around 100 or so patches.  A fair number of those may
have been included in trunk but under a different jira, however some
(eg MR-1088, MR-1100) are definitely not in trunk.  Also, if I
remember correctly some of the 20-based patches are substantially
different than the versions for trunk.

Thanks,
Eli