hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Mag Gam <magaw...@gmail.com>
Subject name node and secondary name node configuration query
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2010 12:54:00 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to trim down my configuration files to avoid confusion.

If I were to setup something like this: 1 name node (192.168.0.1) , 1
secondary name node (192.168.0.2), and 10 clients. The name node and
secondary namenode will not serve as a data node.

The clients will access thru a shared NFS configuration, core-site.xml
The datanode will only have, dfs.data.dir in hdfs-site.xml
The name node will have, dfs.name.dir in hdfs-site.xml
I am really not sure what I must do for my secondary name node. What
should I place there?

The idea is I want to reduce my configuration files. Any advise?