hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject ApacheCon US Next Week
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:33:28 GMT
   Next week is ApacheCon US in Atlanta. We have a whole day of talks about
Hadoop lined up. Come meet and learn from the people who make Hadoop. The
entire program is here http://bit.ly/aOHIg6, but the Hadoop talks are:

Hadoop Security: Keeping out the Looky Loos by Owen O'Malley
How to make your map-reduce jobs perform as well as Pig by Thejas M Nair
Hive Design by John Sichi
Fighting Spam with Hadoop by Florian Leibert
Getting Apache Hadoop Production Ready by Chris Douglas
Top 10 Lessons Learned from Deploying Hadoop in a Private Cloud by Rod Cope

There is also a NoSQL track:

Introduction to Cassandra by Jonathan Ellis
How We Made CouchDB Scale by Brad Anderson
HBase Today by Jonathan Gray
Cache & Concurrency considerations for a high performance Cassandra
deployment by SriSatish Ambati
Lucandra: Lucene + Cassandra by Jake Luciani
Cassandra + Hadoop: So Happy Together by Jeremy Hanna

Additionally, there is a Hadoop Meetup the previous night (11/2) that is
open to all. http://bit.ly/bzx48N

-- Owen