hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jonathan Creasy <jon.cre...@announcemedia.com>
Subject Re: Architecture
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:02:40 GMT
Not to sound argumentative but because perhaps I have misunderstood, Hbase doesn't seem well
suited to realtime requests at all. Perhaps you could elaborate on the architecture you would
use to support this application?

data starts here, goes here, this is done, it is accessed by a webserver here, etc

Thank you!

On Oct 13, 2010, at 8:10 AM, "Tim Robertson" <timrobertson100@gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds like you should be looking to HBase.  HBase is a data
> store that builds on top of Hadoop to meet those kind of real time
> storage and retrieval requirements.
> HTH,
> Tim
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Andre Reiter <a.reiter@web.de> wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>> i'm evaluating hadoop for a new platform.
>> the application is a web based application, and the challange is to handle
>> requests up to 1.000.000 times per second. this can actually be solved by
>> load ballanced webservers.
>> The problem now is to persist user data at real time. Let's say every
>> request appends some data to the user record, i.e. 100 bytes are appended.
>> The record would have an identifier placed in the cookie.
>> The problem now is to look up the user record for every request at runtime.
>> Is it possible to get the user record with the information about all former
>> requests in a short time i.e. 50 ms ???
>> i hove no experience with hadoop yet
>> every help would be very appreciated
>> thanks in advance