hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: Total Space Available on Hadoop Cluster Or Hadoop version of "df".
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2010 04:32:52 GMT
Rahul,

There is a ton of documentation available for Hadoop (including books).

Best place to start is the wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/

On your specific issue, you need to configure Hadoop to tell it what directories to store
data.

The configuration parameter name is 'dfs.data.dir' and you need to put in a comma-delimited
list of directories to use to store data.

JG