hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Patch testing
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 20:30:25 GMT
Thanks Giri.

> Longterm solution:
> email patch process and queue creation is un-reliable. As a long term solution we need
to use jira-cli command line tool to read patch directly from jira.

Ya, that's what I've got mostly working on my machine.  Any open Jira's for this work?  If
not, I'll open one.

> And doing this would require introducing a new workflow in jira. Apart from the current
status called "patch-available"

Not sure that's necessary.  I think if we change the patch testing model a little, we can
keep the current workflow.  Also, given some recent advances in Hudson, I think we can reduce
all the patch jobs down to 1 admin job covering *all* projects and 1 job per project -- and
we should be able to drastically improve utilization of the slaves we have.  Let's move this
discussion to a ticket.  LMK if I need to open one.

Cheers,
Nige

On Oct 20, 2010, at 1:17 PM, Giridharan Kesavan wrote:

> Old times:
> The hudson patch-testing admin job used to run on the master machine hudson.zones.apache.org
as this machine used to parse the emails from jira and create the patch queue for testing.

> Current situation:
> hudson.zones.apache.org machine is no more a master and we have a new machine called
aegis.apache.org as the master machine.

> This machine is configured to process the email and create the patch queue.  <done>
> Though we are able to get the email and create the patch queue on the new aegis.apache.org
machine, still we wont be able to trigger patch admin job on the hudson master as this is
not allowed in the new setup.

> Infra team doesn't want us to run any builds on the hudson master. Instead they want
all the builds to run on the slave machine.

> I got the password-less access for hudson user from hudson slave h1.grid.sp2.yahoo.net
to aegis.apache.org like 2 weeks back. <done>

> The plan here is to read the patch queue on aegis from h1 and schedule builds.   <I'm
working on getting this to work>