hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jakob Homan <jho...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: bringing the codebases back in line
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:30:05 GMT
 > It's worth double checking.  When we added the YDH patch set to CDH3
 > we ran a script to see which patches were in YDH but not yet in trunk
 > and it turned up around 100 or so patches.

If the patch was just checking 1:1 Jira to patch, it would certainly not
work.  We were uploading multiple patches to the same JIRA to avoid
opening extraneous issues before generating patches for trunk.
Venerable old HDFS-1150, for instance, went through about different
patches applied to Y!'s branch before the final version.
-jg

Eli Collins wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Oct 21, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:
>>
>>> I wanted to start a conversation about how we could merge the the cloudera
>>> +
>>> yahoo distribtutions of hadoop into our codebase,
>>> and what would be required.
>> All of the patches that are the "yahoo distribution of hadoop" have been in
>> Apache's trunk for months.

  fair number of those may