hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: bringing the codebases back in line
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:57:23 GMT
I was merely pointing out, given the number of interested parties on
that jira, that having Hadoop RPMs for Linux is very desirable.

We could have a technical discussion on the ways to go about doing
RPMs, debs etc., but it is clear that there is a need for something
more than tgz releases, even if they are Linux specific. This is
particularly true given Linux specific components such as
LinuxTaskController, jsvc for security etc.

Arun