hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch testing
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:13:10 GMT
Actually, there's a way to do it, but is isn't simple as you said and require
certain JIRA management discipline like linking JIRAs properly, for instance.

Another veritable here is to submit patches for all involved project at once or
to be able to postpone a patch validation if patch-A isn't available when
patch-B is submitted (project B depends on A, obviously).

After that everything else is real easy: build dependencies, mvn-install
artifacts, build the dependent one with locally installed artifacts, clean mvn
cache after all. The tricky part though is to guarantee that these chained
builds are executed on the same machine. Otherwise, local mvn repo
synchronization will be one huge mess ;)

So, in other words, let's restore the status quo first ;) IMO
  Cos