hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Keysigning party at Hadoop World
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:38:09 GMT
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:

> I'm the Debian maintainer of Hadoop, HBase and ZooKeeper. It's an issue for
> me, that the gpg keys used to sign the releases of these projects are normally
> not signed by anyone.
> So it is the same as if the releases would not be signed at all.

That has bothered me too. Since all of the developers who have rolled
the releases are all in the Bay Area we should just use the upcoming
HDFS & MapReduce contributor meeting to do this. That will at least
show we trust each other. *grin* If there is a key signing party at
Apache World, we can get into the larger Apache web of trust.

In terms of getting into your web of trust, I'll contact you off list
so that you can sign my key. For the record, my key is 3D0C92B9, which
is visible in http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/dist/KEYS
and the MIT key servers.

> Therefor I'd kindly like to ask you to offer a key signing party[1] at Hadoop
> World. Unfortunately I'm from Switzerland and can't come to Hadoop World,
> otherwise I'd have offered my assistance.

Let's get it done before then.

-- Owen