hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject SXSW Interactive Big Data Panel Session - Community Votes required
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:49:50 GMT
Hi Folks

15,000 people attended SXSW Interactive last year. As such, a couple of
folks from the Apache Hadoop and Cassandra community have joined up to put
together a "Big Data for everyone" panel at SXSW next year. The intent is
to proselytize both the Online and Offline Big Data stack (incl. HBase,
Pig, Hive, etc.) to the as yet uninformed. There are no agendas here other
than getting the word out and educating the audience.

Acceptance to SXSW is partially democratic and community votes for the
session greatly affect the outcome.

If you have a few minutes, please sign up and vote for our panel. We'd
really appreciate it. Voting closes on Friday.

http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/ideas/view/7475

Regards
Steve Watt