hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:41:49 GMT

On Aug 26, 2010, at 4:30 PM, Ted Yu wrote:

> This would imply hadoop-0.20-security-append or hadoop-0.20-append-
> security
> release be created which contains security and append features.

As I mentioned in my initial proposal - it's conceivable, not imminent.
The community might decide that it is a valuable direction and folks
may work on integrating the two.

At this point, I am signing up to shepherd hadoop-0.20-security. I'd
like to do it quickly and move on to working on Hadoop trunk, others
are welcome to take this and run further.

Arun