hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Deepika Khera <Deepika.Kh...@avg.com>
Subject Deploying my job jar on hadoop cluster
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 00:37:36 GMT
Hi,

I want to deploy my map reduce job jar on the Hadoop cluster. I've always done that by doing
the following -

1. Copying the job jar to all datanodes
2. Having the job jar on the hadoop classpath on all machines.

Isn't hadoop capable of copying over the job jar to all machines in the cluster? This is what
I read (that job tracker copies the job jar, etc) , but if I don't do the above the task trackers
cannot find the job. I know I am missing something.

Could someone please let me know how I can run my job without having to copy it over all machines
in the cluster?

Thanks,
Deepika