hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Sanjay X. Jain" <sanja...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: A log4jconfig.xml file
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:57:19 GMT
Probably a better question is: In a hadoop job, how can I load my own log4j.properties file
instead of the default one?

Thx!

On 8/11/10 1:56 PM, "Sanjay Jain" <sanjayja@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

I have a log4jconfig.xml file that is loaded in my hadoop job code as: DOMConfigurator.configure("log4jconfig.xml");
How should I pass this file to the job (and its mapper and reducer)? I have tried to include
it in CLASSPATH env variable, and by including the file in job's jar file, both don't seem
to work.
Purpose: want to control what is logged where in my hadoop job's classes/packages.

Any clues will be really helpful.

Thx!
Sanjay