hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop node's locality
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 21:32:34 GMT
Hi, thanks for answering, but I did find the answer out. I knew Hadoop did
it, but I needed a reference.
I found it in "Data-intensive Text Processing with MapReduce" in the page
25.
I quoted here:

Data/code co-location: . . . "An important optimization here is to prefer
nodes that are on the same rack in the datacenter as the node holding the
relevant data block, since inter-rack bandwidth is significantly less than
intra-rack bandwidth."

Thanks again.

Renato M.