hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Marcos Pinto <marcos...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem: when I run a pig's script I got one reduce task
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:56:22 GMT
Hi guys, how u doing?

I am learning how to use hadoop and I got this problem:
I set up a cluster with 5 nodes( 4 datanode n 1 namenode) and I used the
same configuration for jobtracker n tasktracker.
when I run a pig's script I get many map's( like 15) but just 1 reduce!!!!!
this kills all the parallel processing. For example.
I have a file that has 1 GB and when I run the pig's script in a cluster It
takes about 50 minutes to process. =(

So I really appreciate if someone could help with any tip. Thanks for your
time.