hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:59:10 GMT
On Aug 25, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Hemanth Yamijala wrote:

> Arun,
>
> How much time do you think it would take to have a version of 0.20
> with the security features in it ready ? In a different thread, Owen
> has started discussing plans around 0.22. Do you think this effort
> would affect 0.22 release ?

I think it should be fairly trivial to get this release out - most of
the effort is just the mechanics of committing the patches to an
Apache branch from the yahoo git repository, creating a release
candidate and calling it a success! *smile*

I think doing this quickly is critical in ensuring that we do not lose
focus on 0.22, but I believe this will definitely help the community.

> I do agree that this would be very useful for folks who want security
> sooner. And the fact that Yahoo! have been running it at scale for a
> good while now is also assuring.

Just to clarify - this has security and a bunch of other enhancements
(which are either in 0.21 or 0.22 or both).

Arun