hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Pig to become a TLP
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:38:08 GMT
+1

On Aug 23, 2010, at 10:38 AM, Alan Gates wrote:

> I propose that Pig become a top level Apache project.
>
> The Pig development community has already voted on and approved this proposal.  In summary,
the community voted that all current active committers (listed at http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/whoweare.html
) as of August 18 2010 should become PMC members, and that Olga Natkovich should be the PMC
chair.  They also agreed that adopting bylaws should be among the first tasks of the new PMC.
 Full details of the vote can be seen at http://bit.ly/c3GDyl