hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Child processes on datanodes/task trackers
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 09:40:46 GMT
On 25/08/10 20:20, C J wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know why I see running Child processes on my datanodes even though
> there is no job running at that time. Are these left over from failed attempts?
>
> Is there anything I can do to keep these clean?
>
> Thanks,
> Deepika

could be a bug somewhere in Hadoop or your code.

1. jps -v gives you the process ids,

2. jstack -l <pid> gives you the stack dumps and locks for the given
process, so you can see where the threads are -this will help you track
down the problem

3. It is, sadly, going to be you who gets to track down the problem. But
if you conclude that it is hadoop and not your code at fault, those
stack traces should be attached to the JIRA issue you can create