hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Hive as TLP
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:57:41 GMT
Hive seems a distinct developer community from Hadoop and thus deserves
to be a separate project.  It has made releases and appears to have met
the requirements expected of a TLP.  3+ organizations are represented on
its PMC, so while diversity is a concern, there seems to be a will to
address this going forward, so I feel a detour through the Incubator is
not required.

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator

Doug

On 08/20/2010 05:05 PM, Ashish Thusoo wrote:
> The Hive subproject has voted to become a TLP
>
> http://bit.ly/9nb4nN
>
> Does the Hadoop community have any questions or concerns on this? I will be calling a
more formal vote after this discussion.

> The Hive dev community is still dominated by Facebook but the community is working hard
to diversify the base and hopes to add committers from Yahoo and Cloudera. We anticipate that
we will have a more diversified base by the end of the year modulo contributions from developers
at these entities - and there are a fair bit in the pipeline.