hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ranjit Mathew <ran...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Listing Hadoop Job History Statistics
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:29:42 GMT
[BCC-ing "general" - again.]

On Tuesday 17 August 2010 07:36 AM, Scott Whitecross wrote:
> Thanks for the answers Doug and Arun.   I'm assuming the job-history files
> mentioned are in ./hadoop-0.20/logs/history/done/.  The files look like they
> were serialized by a class in Hadoop?  (If I can read the files back into
> the appropriate class, and then dump them out into a custom format, that'd
> be great.)

Rumen (src/tools/org/apache/hadoop/tools/rumen/) parses Job History files
and creates JSON files that can be either be loaded independently, or via
the API provided by Rumen itself. As an added benefit, it abstracts away
the differences between the 0.20.xx format and the Avro-based format used
in trunk.

There is not much documentation on Rumen right now, but MAPREDUCE-1918
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-1918) attempts to fix
that.

HTH,
Ranjit