hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Vinod KV <vino...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: A log4jconfig.xml file
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:41:53 GMT

The earlier question is easier to answer given you are loading the file
yourselves :)

You have multiple solutions:
  (1) Put it in the lib folder inside the job.jar. It should be
automatically available from the task's classpath.
  (2) Set it in distributed cache as a classpath file. See
DistributedCache.addCacheFile(URI uri, Configuration conf).

+vinod

On Thursday 12 August 2010 06:27 AM, Sanjay X. Jain wrote:
> Probably a better question is: In a hadoop job, how can I load my own log4j.properties
file instead of the default one?

> Thx!
>

> On 8/11/10 1:56 PM, "Sanjay Jain"<sanjayja@yahoo-inc.com>  wrote:
>
> I have a log4jconfig.xml file that is loaded in my hadoop job code as: DOMConfigurator.configure("log4jconfig.xml");
> How should I pass this file to the job (and its mapper and reducer)? I have tried to
include it in CLASSPATH env variable, and by including the file in job's jar file, both don't
seem to work.