hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Combine committer lists in Common/HDFS/MapReduce
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 21:47:46 GMT
On 08/06/2010 02:02 PM, Chris Douglas wrote:
> Thoughts?

To my thinking, a single set of committers should manage a product.  A
product is something that's released.  Currently, we still branch and
release Common, HDFS and MapReduce together, so I regard them as a
single product and hence believe they should have a single set of
committers.  If/when we start to release them separately then we can
consider splitting committer lists.  Even then, we don't have to split
them, since a single set of committers can manage multiple products.  In
fact, I don't see a strong case for splitting committer lists until
these become separate TLPs.  (The other Hadoop subprojects with separate
committer lists ought to become TLPs, but that's a separate discussion.)

Doug