hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Combine MapReduce/HDFS Committers
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:31:05 GMT
I tend to +1 on this because most of Hadoop committers wear both hats already.
Most of those who aren't should have for all I know.

The argument about enforcing projects separation by the means of splitting dev.
communities doesn't hold the critique IMO. True separation would come from
design independence and well defined contracts between components, not from
the perception of the policies.

Cos