hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Syed Wasti <mdwa...@hotmail.com>
Subject TaskTracker Error
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:24:36 GMT

Hi,
I am seeing the below two errors consistently while running my map/reduce jobs. This does
not stop my script, but throws an error on datanode and successfully completes the same task
on a different datanode. The task could fail on any datanode, there are no blacklisted datanodes.
Any thoughts on why this is and how can this be resolved ?

This is the whole stack;
java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:472)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 134.
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:459)

Second Error: This is all it gives.

Error: null
Thanks for the support.
Regards