hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Syed Wasti <mdwa...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: TaskTracker Error
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:54:20 GMT

Found this almost a year old discussion, on the same error code and it looks like a JVM crash.

The discussion confirms the crash on JDK 14 and I am using JDK version 18.

http://markmail.org/message/74yv7zyuq7ucm2z6

From: mdwasti@hotmail.com
To: pig-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: TaskTracker Error
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:45:38 -0700

Hi,
I am seeing the below two errors consistently while running my script. This does not stop
my script, but throws an error on datanode and successfully completes the same task on a different
datanode. The task could fail on any datanode, there are no blacklisted datanodes.
Any thoughts on why this is and how can this be resolved ?

This is the whole stack;
java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:472)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 134.
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:459)

Second Error: This is all it gives.
Error: null

Third Error:
Error: (class: org/apache/pig/builtin/PigStorage, method: setLocation signature: (Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job;)V)

Thanks for the support.
Regards
Syed Wasti